St. Patrick’s Day is on March 17th each year. There are Irish-themed celebrations in some of Whistler’s pubs and restaurants along with events at other venues.
Whistler St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations
St. Patrick’s Day is an Irish celebration that honours the death of Saint Patrick. He is Ireland’s patron saint and lived in the fifth century. Years ago the day was marked with religious festivities. In North America, it has since transformed into a popular celebration of Irish culture and beer drinking.
In 2022, St. Patrick’s Day is on Thursday, March 17th. There weren’t many events in the last couple of years because of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, we expect more to happen this year, and hopefully even more in 2023.
2022 St. Patrick’s Day Events
The following event is scheduled to happen in Whistler on St. Patrick’s Day in 2022:
- Dubh Linn Gate Irish Pub – the famous Irish-themed pub at 4320 Sundial Crescent usually offers food, beer and live entertainment. On St. Patrick’s Day this year, the place opens at 10:00 am with Bennies for breakfast. Live music by Ruckus Deluxe begins at 2:00 pm. Since this is a pub, it’s an adult-only event for folks ages 19 and above.
In addition to the above, expect there to be lots of beer drinking and Irish fun at Whistler’s various other bars and night clubs. Places to check out include the following:
- Black’s Pub and Restaurant – a popular place for food and drinks at 4340 Sundial Place not far from the gondolas in the Village Centre.
- Buffalo Bill’s Bar and Grill – a bar in the Village Centre at 4122 Village Green.
- Brewhouse – a pub-style restaurant near the Olympic Plaza at 4355 Blackcomb Way.
- FireRock Lounge – an up-scale chalet-style establishment at the Westin Resort Hotel at 4090 Whistler Way.
- Fitzsimmons Pub – a craft beer bar that calls itself “Whistler’s coziest pub” at 4573 Chateau Boulevard.
- Garfinkel’s Night Club – Whistler’s most famous nightclub in the Village North at 4308 Main Street.
- Longhorn Saloon and Grill – one of Whistler’s most prominent and well-known bars at 4280 Mountain Square.
- Moe Joe’s – a dance bar in the Village Centre at 4115 Golfers Approach.
- Tapley’s Neighbourhood Pub – a nice pub with outdoor fire places at 4119 Golfer’s Approach in the Village Centre.
Previous St. Patrick’s Day Events
Some St. Patrick’s Day events that have taken place in past years are listed below. Hopefully 2023 will include some of these events again too!
- Paddy’s Day Patio Party – the Longhorn Saloon at 4280 Mountain Square hosted a party on St. Patrick’s Day in 2019. Festivities took place on the restaurant’s patio and featured music and food from 1:00 to 6:00 pm on Sunday, March 17th. DJs on-site included ED:WIN, Sounds of Stache and Olly Watt. Hopefully this event can return in 2023.
- No Lucks Given – Moe Joe’s Nightclub at 4115 Golfers Approach planned to host an Irish-themed special event in 2020. It was scheduled to take place on the night of St. Patrick’s Day from 9:30 pm onward (or at least that was the case until it got cancelled). DJs DOODA, Fidel Cashflow and 1NiteStan were going to provide the entertainment. Free tickets were available and they were going to come with one “shot of gold” each. This event may return in future years.
- Jameson St. Patrick’s Live – Tapley’s Pub at 4119 Golfers Approach held a St. Patrick’s Day event in 2018. From 11:00 am on March 17th until a couple hours past midnight Irish-inspired food and drinks were offered at the venue. There was lots of green in the pub, and guests could win prizes for dressing up! Hopefully this event returns.
For a longer list of St. Patrick’s Day events that are happening in and around the Lower Mainland, click St. Patrick’s Day in Vancouver.
Other articles that may be of interest include the following:
- Whistler Events Calendar
- Whistler Bars and Clubs
- Restaurants in Whistler
- Whistler Tourist Attractions
- Whistler Spring Activities