From luxury resorts to budget-friendly dorms, Whistler has a wide variety of hotels and other accommodation options to suit visitors of most budgets.
Hotels and Other Accommodations in Whistler
Whistler has a range of hotels and places to stay, from hostels to 5-star palace-like resorts. Below you’ll find some of the most highly-rated places in Whistler’s four main neighbourhoods, as well as information about campground locations in and around the Whistler area.
Hotels in Whistler Village North
Whistler Village North comprises the area between Village Gate Boulevard and Lorimer Road. It’s also bordered by Blackcomb Way to the east and Highway 1 to the west. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes to walk over to the Village Centre and the gondolas for skiing/snowboarding.
Places to stay around here include the following:
- Delta by Marriott Whistler Village Suites (4.5 stars) – a fancy and modern place at 4308 Main Street with an indoor/outdoor swimming pool, fitness centre and an on-site restaurant. The hotel is run by Marriott and so participates in the Marriott Rewards program.
- Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel (4 stars) – a luxury boutique hotel with a swimming pool, spa and restaurant at 4539 Main Street. It’s also one of Whistler’s most pet-friendly hotels.
- Alpenglow Lodge (3.5 stars) – a comfortable all-suite hotel at 4369 Main Street that offers a swimming pool and fitness facilities for guests.
- Cascade Lodge (3.5 stars) – a medium-sized hotel with both hotel rooms and vacation rentals available. It also offers a swimming pool, fitness centre and free Wi-Fi.
- Pinnacle Hotel Whistler (3.5 stars) – a mid-sized hotel located at 4319 Main Street (at the corner with Northlands Boulevard). The place is home to two highly-rated restaurants, Quattro and the Alta Bistro. It also has an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, plus a tiny fitness room. This hotel has two sister locations in Vancouver at the Harbourfront and in North Vancouver near Lonsdale Quay.
Hotels in Whistler Village Centre
Whistler Village Centre is the area south of Village Gate Boulevard that is bordered by Blackcomb Way to the east and Highway 1 to the west. It is also the starting point for gondolas that connect to both Blackcomb and Whistler Mountain.
Hotels and places to stay in this area include the following 3.5-star places and 4 and 4.5-star places.
3.5-Star Hotels in Whistler’s Central Village
- Adara Hotel – a boutique and pet-friendly hotel at 4122 Village Green that has a swimming pool, hot tub and rooftop fire pit.
- Blackcomb Lodge – a medium sized hotel at 4220 Gateway Drive with an indoor pool, hot tub and sauna. Interestingly, the Blackcomb Lodge was Whistler’s first hotel!
- Carleton Lodge – a ski-in ski-out, condominium-style hotel with all-suites accommodations at 4280 Mountain Square.
- Executive Inn – a boutique hotel with 67 rooms at 4250 Village Stroll. Amenities include a swimming pool, hot tub and fitness centre. As of the spring of 2021 the hotel is home to just one restaurant – Il Caminetto. The Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House though will be joining it soon.
- Listel Whistler Hotel – a mid-sized hotel with a hot tub and sauna at 4121 Village Green. This hotel has a sister hotel with an art theme on Robson Street in Vancouver – the Listel Hotel Vancouver.
- Mountainside Lodge – a hotel with both suites and vacation rentals at 4417 Sundial Place. The lodge has a swimming pool and hot tub. Its restaurant, Trattoria di Umberto, is very highly rated.
- Pangea Pod Hotel – a unique place to stay where guests sleep in “pods” instead of traditional rooms. The hotel and its restaurant come very highly rated on TripAdvisor.
- Whistler Village Inn and Suites – a medium-sized hotel in Whistler Village at 4429 Sundial Place. Amenities include a swimming pool, hot tub and fitness room.
4 & 4.5-Star Hotels in Whistler’s Central Village
- Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside (4.5 stars) – a luxury ski-in ski-out hotel at 4320 Sundial Crescent. It has a swimming pool, fitness centre and hot tubs. The hotel’s restaurant, the Dubh Linn Gate Irish Pub, also features live music.
- Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre (4.5 stars) – a pet-friendly luxury hotel with a swimming pool, hot tubs and a fitness centre. It is also home to the Whistler Day Spa. The hotel is located at 4299 Blackcomb Way. Stays here often include a complimentary breakfast.
- Aava Whistler Hotel (4 stars) – a modern and pet-friendly hotel at 4005 Whistler Way with a swimming pool, hot tub and fitness centre.
- Crystal Lodge (4 stars) – a medium-sized hotel located in the centre of Whistler Village at 4154 Village Green. The hotel offers a swimming pool, hot tub, fitness centre and a games room (but only in the winter) for guest use.
- Hilton Whistler Resort and Spa (4 stars) – a newly-renovated modern hotel with a swimming pool, hot tub, fitness centre and spa at 4050 Whistler Way.
- Sundial Boutique Hotel (4 stars) – a highly-rated boutique hotel at 4340 Sundial Crescent with all-suites accommodations.
- The Westin Resort and Spa (4 stars) – a recently-renovated luxury hotel at 4090 Whistler Way featuring all-suites accommodations, indoor and outdoor swimming pools and hot tubs, a fitness centre and the Avello Spa. It’s also home to two restaurants, the Grill & Vine and the FireRock Lounge.
Hotels in Whistler’s Upper Village
Located to the east of Whistler Village Centre, Whistler’s Upper Village connects directly to the gondola up Blackcomb Mountain. It’s a smaller area, but still very nice and within walking distance of all of Whistler’s best places.
Hotels in this area include the following:
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler (4.5 stars) – a large and luxurious ski-in ski-out hotel with 528 rooms located at 4599 Chateau Boulevard. It has swimming pools, hot tubs (both indoors and outdoors), a fitness centre and a spa. Its restaurants include several highly-rated places such as The Grill Room, Portobello, The Chalet, The Mallard Lounge and The Wildflower.
- Four Seasons Resort Whistler (4.5 stars) – a modern luxury hotel located at 4591 Blackcomb Way. The place offers free Wi-Fi, swimming pools, hot tubs, a spa and a fitness centre for hotel guests. They are also home to a restaurant called the Sidecut Modern Steak and Bar.
- Le Chamois (4 star) – a modern ski-in ski-out resort with a swimming pool, hot tub and fitness centre at 4557 Blackcomb Way.
- Blackcomb Springs Suites (3.5 star) – a mid-sized hotel with free Wi-Fi, a swimming pool, hot tub, fitness centre and a market store at 4899 Painted Cliff Road.
- Greystone Lodge (3.5 star) – a budget-friendly and family-oriented vacation rental complex with a swimming pool and hot tub at 4905 Spearhead Place.
- Lost Lake Lodge (3.5 star) – a medium-sized hotel with all-suites accommodations at 4660 Blackcomb Way. It has a swimming pool, hot tub, fitness centre and games room.
- Glacier Lodge (3 star) – a budget-friendly vacation rental complex with a swimming pool and two hot tubs.
Hotels at Whistler Creekside
Whistler Creekside is located just before the main Whistler Village. It’s where you’ll find lots of vacation homes and condominiums. There are a few hotel options here too, however, and the area is connected to the main Whistler Mountain by the Creekside Gondola.
Hotels and places to stay in Whistler Creekside include the following:
- Evolution Whistler (4.5 stars) – a large, luxurious ski-in ski-out hotel at 2020 London Lane. It offers a swimming pool, hot tub, fitness centre, games lounge and media room for guests. It also offers all-suites accommodations.
- First Tracks Lodge (4.5 stars) – a luxury hotel with ski-in ski-out access and all-suites accommodations at 2036 London Lane. Other amenities for guests include a swimming pool, hot tub, fitness centre and a steam room.
- Nita Lake Lodge (4.5 stars) – a modern hotel with all-suites accommodations, several dining options, a swimming pool, a hot tub and a spa at 2131 Lake Placid Road. Their restaurant, Aura, is very highly rated.
- Legends (4 stars) – a large, ski-in ski-out condominium-style hotel at 2036 London Lane offering all-suites accommodations with a swimming pool, hot tub, fitness centre, games lounge and theatre room.
- Whistler Lodge Hostel (2 stars) – a budget-friendly 42-bed hostel with free Wi-Fi located around a 10-minute bus ride from the Creekside Gondola at 2124 Nordic Drive.
Camping in Whistler
In warmer months there are a few options for camping around the Whistler area.
- Riverside RV Resort and Campground – located just north of Whistler Village by Fitzsimmons Creek, the campground offers RV hookups, maintained campsites, cabins and yurts for folk to rent.
- Whistler RV Park and Campground – located south of Whistler close to Brandywine Falls, the Whistler RV Park offers maintained campsites and RV hookups with views of Black Tusk and the surrounding mountains.
For adventurous folk looking to venture off the beaten path, there’s a couple other options available in the Whistler area including the following:
- Cal-Cheak Forest Service Recreation Site – guests can stay either at the recreation site or at two other locations along the Cal-Cheak Forest Service Road. The road can get bumpy, so this is not recommended for folk with small cars or low suspension. Reservations are not required here, although there is a fee of $13 per night.
- Camping in Garibaldi Provincial Park – camping at the provincial park does require backcountry permits and a fair amount of hiking. There are two sites near Garibaldi Lake, in Taylor Meadows and at the west end of the lake. In addition, there are three wilderness sites near Cheakamus Lake as well as various other wilderness sites scattered throughout the park. Backcountry permits and/or reservations are required to stay at any campground in the park.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
Articles on the website VancouversBestPlaces.com that might be of interest include the following:
- Lower Mainland Ski Hills
- Vancouver Hotels
- Metro Vancouver’s Top 100 Places
- Vancouver Day Trips
- Sea to Sky Region