Despite being just a “village”, the ski resort of Whistler has a remarkably vibrant nightlife with a wide selection of bars, lounges and nightclubs.
Note: As per BC’s Restart Plan, indoor dining is limited to groups of six people and nightclubs are unable to operate. These restrictions are in effect until at least July 1, 2021.
Bars, Nightclubs and Nightlife in Whistler
Whether you’re looking to have a few drinks or dance, Whistler has several venues at both high and low ends of the price scale (although mostly at the higher end). Places listed below often have live entertainment including DJs or bands and are great to go to and enjoy the town’s night life.
Lounges in Whistler
For a more casual, laid-back place to have a drink and some bites, Whistler offers the following options:
- Cure Lounge – located right beside Nita Lake in the Nita Lake Lodge in Whistler Creekside at 2131 Lake Placid Road.
- FireRock Lounge – a fancy yet casual chalet-style restaurant and bar in the Westin Resort and Spa at 4090 Whistler Way in the Village Centre area.
- Three Below Restaurant and Lounge – a lesser-known place located just downstairs from the Village 8 Cinemas at 4295 Blackcomb Way.
- The Mallard Lounge – found within the Fairmont Chateau in Whistler’s Upper Village, the place is known for its live entertainment and fancy cocktails.
Whistler Bars and Pubs
Whistler’s bars and pubs offer a great selection of drinks and casual bar food with a lively atmosphere. Some of the options here include the following:
- Amsterdam Café and Pub – a casual place featuring all-day breakfast at 4232 Village Stroll in the Village Centre.
- Black’s Pub and Restaurant – at the Sundial Boutique Hotel right beside the gondolas in the Village Centre at 4340 Sundial Place.
- The Brewhouse – the High Mountain Brewing Company has a pub-style restaurant at 4355 Blackcomb Way close to the Olympic Plaza.
- Cinnamon Bear Bar and Grille – the bar and restaurant located in the Hilton Resort and Spa in the Village Centre at 4050 Whistler Way.
- Crystal Lounge – the bar at the Crystal Lodge and Suites at 4154 Village Green in the Village Centre.
- Dubh Linn Gate Irish Pub – one of Whistler’s most famous Irish-themed pubs located in the Village Centre at 4320 Sundial Crescent at the Pan Pacific Mountainside Hotel.
- Tapley’s Neighbourhood Pub – located in the Village Centre at 4119 Golfer’s Approach, Tapley’s was Whistler’s first pub.
- El Furniture Warehouse – a casual restaurant and bar known for cheap eats in the Village North area at 4314 Main Street.
- Brickworks Public House – the pub in the Delta Marriott Hotel at 4308 Main Street in the Village North area.
- Fitzsimmons Pub – a small but highly-rated place in the Upper Village at 4573 Chateau Boulevard.
- Merlin’s Bar and Grill – located right beside the gondolas at 4553 Blackcomb Way in the Upper Village, the place sometimes hosts live DJs and other entertainers.
- Dusty’s Bar and BBQ – known for its barbecue and apres-ski, Dusty’s is located in Whistler Creekside right beside the gondola at 2040 London Lane.
- Roland’s Pub – a sports-themed place at 2129 Lake Placid Road in Whistler Creekside.
- Coast Mountain Brewing – a boutique craft beer place found just outside of Whistler by Function Junction at 1212 Alpha Lake Road.
- Longhorn Saloon and Grill – a popular bar and restaurant at 4280 Mountain Square in the Village Centre right beside the gondolas.
Nightclubs and Other Party Places
For places to dance and have a drink, check out the following (recognizing that most if not all might be closed due to COVID-19):
- Buffalo Bill’s Bar and Grill – at 4122 Village Green in the heart of the Village Centre area, the place plays a mix of music including everything from top 40s hits to classic rock.
- Garfinkel’s Night Club – located at 4308 Main Street in the Village North, it’s arguably one of Whistler’s most popular nightclubs. The place usually plays DJ music but also features some live bands.
- Maxx Fish Lounge and Bar – featuring live DJ sets at 4232 Village Stroll in the Village Centre area.
- Moe Joe’s – located at 4115 Golfers Approach in the Village Centre, it’s one of Whistler’s top clubs for DJ music and dancing.
- Tommy’s Lounge X Nightclub – a club and party place with two floors in the Village Centre at 4204 Village Square.
For a list of the best restaurants in the area, click Whistler Restaurants.
For places to eat and drink elsewhere in the Lower Mainland, check out the following articles on the VancouversBestPlaces.com website.
- BURNABY‘s Best Restaurants
- The City of VANCOUVER‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- NORTH VANCOUVER‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- RICHMOND‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- SURREY‘s Best Restaurants
- WEST VANCOUVER‘s Best Restaurants